Monday, April 4, 2011

Friendly Competition: Oatmeal

Amy and me on my wedding day, many moons ago.

Starting a new feature with with my friend Amy of The Grody Gourmet --a weekly (I hope) friendly (I hope this even more) cooking competition.

Here’s how it will go:

1. Each Monday, we will announce an ingredient or type of dish that will serve as that week’s theme.

2. On Friday, Amy and I will post our two (one each) best recipes on our blogs.

3. On Sunday, we'll make both dishes and have our families choose a winner. Our judges are husbands and children ranging in age from 8-16, and with a wide variety of pickiness.

This week's theme: savory oatmeal. Want to join in? Let me know and I'll post your recipe on Friday as well. We'd also love for readers to weigh in with their opinions of the finished dishes.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh I was skinny. And you were all covered in flowers and gorgeous. That was an awesome wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun for two friends to do! I look forward to the results :-)

    ReplyDelete