Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shameless Plug: Custom Sepia

Every once in a while a company comes along that I really love, and today it's my own. A few years ago I was in charge of the silent auction project at my childrens' elementary school and had to come up with an item that had sentimental value but was functional as well. Since I'm not a "handprints on an apron" type of gal, I wanted something totally unique yet functional. I found a technique that allowed me to transfer the kids' artwork directly to a platter. The kids went to the playground and drew any tree they saw. I placed them all around the platter and fired it. The finished product looked phenomenal and the parents went crazy for it. A few months later I bought myself a kiln and 2000 plates, and Custom Sepia was born.

What to buy Mom or Grandma for their birthday, Mother's Day, or Christmas? Have each family member recount a special memory or favorite inside family joke and make her a set of plates. Totally food safe, but please handwash.

Here are a few examples of customer orders--a special recipe, a housewarming gift for a new couple, and a guest book signature platter that guests can sign. These look great displayed in the dining room after the wedding.

Did Junior write an adorable letter to Dad? Draw a picture of you as tall as a mountain? Was your husband dumb enough to put in writing that he'd always keep your car washed? Immortalize it forever on a plate. For more products, http://www.customsepia.com/ or http://www.customsepia.etsy.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment